Technology is an integral part of the Grass Lake Community Schools' culture. It is our mission to fully integrate the use of technology and to make it a natural part of teaching and learning. It is a major strategic goal of the district to move toward total technology immersion to enhance learning, instruction and communication. General goals that help us to achieve this vision include:
- Keeping technology current and in support of the curriculum.
- Facilitating the use of technology in all grades and subjects.
- Providing direction and professional development opportunities to staff members.
- Managing 1:1 student computing to facilitate anytime, anywhere learning.
- Embracing real world and classroom opportunities to utilize technology when beneficial to the learning experience.
- Promoting family and community involvement in student education.
This parent guide consists of detailed explanations of different features and tools, along with step-by-step walk-throughs. Designed as a hands-on resource, this guide can be used on a stand-alone basis or in coordination with the platform. Click on the heading of this announcement to find a link to the Parent Guide.
Good news! Grass Lake Community Schools is now using Schoology (pronounced: Skool’uh-jee), an award winning Learning Management System that offers course management, mobile learning, and a communications hub. Click on the heading of this announcement for more information.